First of all, I wrote the headline as favorite “podcats.”
This is what Google says a podcat looks like
Anyway, this Friday I wanted to talk about five of my favorite podcasts. I’m one of those weird people who likes to listen to podcasts while lifting in the gym. I don’t mind them while cycling sometimes, but I need music while running on a treadmill. I don’t wear headphones outside because I don’t want to get run over by a sledneck.
- TEDTalks. I’ve been listening to these for years. I also like the TED Radio Hour that NPR puts together and selects clips from different but related talks.
- Serial. I started listening to the second season because it was about the Bowe Bergdahl story and was hooked.
- Fresh Air. I like the interviews of different actors, writers, and artists. I’ve watched movies and TV shows I likely never would have considered otherwise. It calls itself a weekday magazine and while I think of magazines as being print, it’s a very apt description for the show.
- The Splendid Table. I love food and making it, but wouldn’t consider myself of a high enough caliber to be called a “foodie.” The Splendid Table looks at history of food, chefs, and will make you hungry for more as well as something to eat. I especially liked their episode about the black presidential cooks in the White House.
- How To Do Everything. I love how this show is a little bit of everything. It’s one part MythBusters and one part Explain Like I’m Five. The descriptions of their shows are curiosity-piquing such as : “how to talk to fish and protect your yard signs” or “how to protect your cow and pull a loose tooth.”